Now that you've enabled Subscribe, you'll want to import your subscribers into your Email Service Provider!
With Grow, you can manually add your subscriber list to whichever Email Service Provider (ESP) you are currently using.
Once a reader enters their email and hits the "Subscribe" button, they will be added to a CSV file that you can use to upload to your ESP.
How to access your Subscriber CSV file
Step 1: Navigate to the Subscribe Settings tab in your Grow portal; here you will see a button that says Export Subscribers - click that button:
Step 2: Once your download begins, you will see a pop-up confirming the export process:
Step 3: When the export is complete, you can download the CSV file by clicking "Download" in the top section of the Subscribe Settings tab (if you'd prefer to download the file via the confirmation email sent by Grow, skip ahead to Step 4):
Step 4 (Optional): If you'd prefer to download the CSV file via email, simply click the button in the email that says "Download CSV":
Step 5: Check your downloads for the CSV file; you can then upload this file to your email marketing provider.
Step 6: Be sure to check back periodically to see if you've acquired new subscribers and make sure to download the "New Subscribers" list to upload to your ESP!
Right next to the download button in your Grow portal, you can see your last download date and time, the total subscriber count (all the subscribers you've gathered since enabling Subscribe), and your New Subscribers.
Information that is included in the CSV:
- createdAt: The date and time the user subscribed
- email: The user's email address
- firstName: The user's name (if applicable)
- clientIp: IP address of the user
- widgetName: The name of the form in which the user subscribed
exclusiveContentWidgetName:This feature is coming soon
conversionUrl: The URL where the user subscribed from
source: The source of where the user subscribed (example: Spotlight Subscribe, Pop Up Subscribe, Click to Subscribe Exclusive Content, etc.)
Available 3rd Party Integrations
- Zapier: Directions for setting this up can be found in this help article.
- ConvertKit: Directions for setting this up can be found in this help article.
- Mailchimp: Directions for setting this up can be found in this help article.
- MailerLite: Directions for setting this up can be found in this help article.
- Additional ESP integrations coming soon!