When it comes to the images that display in Grow Search, the first thing Grow looks for is OpenGraph image metadata tags - denoted as og:image.
Typically this is the featured image you set in your social sharing, like Grow Social or an SEO plugin.
If there are no OpenGraph image tags then Grow will look for the following images in this order:
- Twitter image tags in the metadata
- Thumbnail meta tag
- If none of these are found on the page, then Grow will exclude that page from displaying
If you update your og:image, Grow does have automatic refreshes, however, the image(s) will be automatically refreshed depending on the age of the page, not immediately. You should see them update over time using the timeline below:
- pages created 3 days and newer are refreshed once a day
- pages created between 3 and 30 days ago are refreshed once every 3 days
- pages created longer than 30 days ago are refreshed once every 30 days